Let’s use ICT in teaching & learning of Newly-Arrived Migrants
Next course 1. – 7. October
Main topics of this course
- Comparison of situations in Finland and in the countries of participants on how to - share knowledge about the situation, - raise awareness and enable a more informed opinion, tackle with social, psychological and legal issues, - promote understanding for diversity and for European values.
- Recognition and validation of competences of newly-arrived migrants.
- Promoting migrant’s employment and acquisition of jobs; a guidance and training model to be implemented in networking and community-building activities.
- Reception and individualisation of learning paths for newly-arrived migrants.
- Pedagogical approaches to advance with non-native speakers - models and practical ways to support teaching - guiding migrants in studying and learning.
- Innovative learning approaches: simulation with work machines, eLearning with mobile devices, Camera-Pen pedagody, virtual glasses supporting learning.
- Possibilities for creating and delivering i-material for language learning by using m-devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops).
- Pedagogical possibilities and models for delivering interactive language exercises; the use of translator apps ( Babylon, Google translate); creating i-materials for language learning including sound and video. (i-flashcards).